HealthPros PhD program
TWO PHD RESEARCHERS WANTED
Two Early Stage PhD Researcher positions are now open at the Department of Health Economics, Corvinus University of Budapest from September, 2018
Two Early Stage Researcher positions open at the Department of Health Economics, Corvinus University of Budapest under the „Innovative Training Networks for Healthcare Performance Intelligence Professional” (HealthPros) Marie Sklodowska-Curie project (Nr. project 765141) funded by the European Horizon 2020 Programme.
The aim of the project is to train the first generation of Healthcare Performance Intelligence Professionals (HealthPros) that that can bring multidisciplinary expertise from areas such as medicine, social sciences, computer science and health policy in order to make effective use of available healthcare performance data to continuously improve health systems and services. The HealthPros Training Network brings together leading academics in the field of data science and health care performance assessment and improvement, as well as a wider immersion community, including health insurance companies, national and regional agencies, multi-national consulting and pharma companies
What we offer
- Full time employment for 3 years at the Department of Health Economics, Corvinus University of Budapest. with a highly competitive and attractive salary
- Participation in an innovative 3-years PhD programme of collaborative, multidisciplinary and entrepreneurial training provided by the HealthPros Training Network, which includes a variety of training modules as well as transferable skills courses and active participation in workshops and conferences.
- Joint supervision of their individual scientific projects by academics at the Department of Health Economics at Corvinus University of Budapest and the Academic Medical Centre of the University of Amsterdam.
- Continuous collaboration and building relations with potential future employers in the private / public / academic HC sectors..
- Secondment at a partner institution (University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands/Optimedis, Germany)
- Internship at Generali Insurance Company, Budapest, Hungary.
What we require:
- Less than four years research experience and no doctoral degree
- International mobility: researchers must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the country of the recruiting host organisation for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the recruitment date
- Master’s degree in economics, health economics, health services research, health policy and management, health sciences, medical informatics, social sciences or a related discipline.
- Excellent higher education track record and strong scientific curiosity.
- Fluent spoken and written English skills
- Strong analytical skills and basic statistical knowledge and experience with SPSS/Stata
- A keen interest health care systems, health services research, and combining quantitative and qualitative research methods.
All applications proceed through the on-line recruitment portal on the HealthPros website. Candidates are requested to provide all information regarding eligibility (ESR definition, mobility criteria, English language proficiency), plus a detailed CV, motivation letter, grades, and optionally 1-2 references. The deadline for on-line registration is shown on the website: www.healthpros-h2020.eu
Selected ESRs will start within a couple of months after the interview date, and preferably no later than September 1st, 2018.
Petra Baji, PhD, Asssociate Professor, Department of Health Economics, Corvinus University of Budapest; email@example.com
Prof. László Gulácsi, Head, Department of Health Economics, Corvinus University of Budapest; firstname.lastname@example.org
The description of the individual scientific projects of the Early Stage Researchers (ESRs) placed at the Department of Health Economics, Corvinus University of Budapest:
General description of the HealthPros project: https://www.healthpros-h2020.eu/
Recruitment process and application: https://www.healthpros-h2020.eu/index.php/vacancies/recruitment-procedure
Online application form: https://www.healthpros-h2020.eu/index.php/vacancies/online-application
Applications are invited for 13 ESRs (Early Stage Researchers) funded by the Marie-Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network HealthPros (Healthcare Performance Intelligence Professionals) within the European Horizon 2020 Programme.
HealthPros is an international consortium of high profile universities, research institutions and companies located in Canada, Denmark, Germany, Hungary, Italy, the United Kingdom, and the Netherlands. We are looking for 13 PhD positions.
HealthPros aims to deliver the next generation of leading, entrepreneurial, and creative healthcare performance intelligence professionals having expertise, skills, and experience to make effective use of available healthcare performance data in countries to improve integrated service delivery, patient engagement, equality in access to healthcare, health outcomes, and reduce waste in healthcare. In HealthPros we will focus on developing tools and implementing methods to streamline healthcare performance measurement, the development and application of performance-based governance mechanisms and effective use of Healthcare Performance Intelligence by different end-users across health care systems.
European Commission funds European Training Network for Healthcare Performance Intelligence Professionals (HealthPros) : 13 PhD positions available from Summer 2018
1 December 2017
A new generation of healthcare professionals is needed to support healthcare systems to achieve a balance between improving the health of populations, delivering quality care for individuals, and containing costs. To meet this need, a European “Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Networks” grant has been awarded to the Healthcare Performance Intelligence Professional (HealthPros) Consortium, led by the Academic Medical Centre of the University of Amsterdam (The Netherlands; coordinator; D. Kringos, N. Klazinga), North Denmark Region/Aalborg University Hospital (Denmark; J. Mainz, S.P. Johnsen), Optimedis AG (Germany; O. Groene), University of Surrey (United Kingdom; S. de Lusignan, F. Carinci), Scuola Superiori di Studi Universitari e di Perfezionamento Sant’Anna (Italy; S. Nuti, A. Murante), Corvinus University of Budapest (Hungary; L. Gulácsi, P. Baji), and the University of Toronto (R. Cockerill) / Canadian Institute for Health Information (Canada; K. Morris).
Starting in January 2018, the consortium will train 13 PhD candidates into a first generation of Healthcare Performance Intelligence Professionals (HealthPros) that can make effective use of available healthcare performance data in countries to improve integrated service delivery, patient engagement, equality in access to healthcare, health outcomes, and reduce waste in healthcare.
The HealthPros Training Network will provide an innovative 3-years programme of collaborative, multidisciplinary and entrepreneurial training to the PhD candidates. Through innovative research, HealthPros will develop tools and implement methods to streamline healthcare performance measurement, the development and application of performance-based governance mechanisms and effective use of Healthcare Performance Intelligence by different end-users, that match the different health care systems in the Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, UK, Italy, Hungary and Canada, and will support the transferability of the tools and methods to other countries.
The HealthPros consortium will start recruiting for PhD positions in January 2018. Suitable PhD candidates should be willing to be based abroad, not have more than 4 years of research experience, and not have a doctoral degree.
Read more about the HEALTHPROS Project: http://cordis.europa.eu/search/result_en?q=healthpros
For more info on the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com